The Shepherd and The Sheepcote

"When dusk falls, shepherds lead their sheep to a safe place to spend the night, where wolves or other predators cannot prey on the sleeping sheep. Usually the shepherd builds a stone enclosure with a small opening and he calls the sheep one by one into the sheepcote for the night. When all the sheep are safely inside the sheepfold, he will lie down in the opening so that nothing can come in the only door to harm the sheep.



The Shepherd always protects The Sheep!"

Friday, March 2, 2012

SLIPPERS FOR BIGFOOT OR BIG FEET?

Last week I took a few days and headed out to my sister's home in the woods to do some felting and fiber things.  Previously I had spun some wool from our grey Icelandic ram named Gisli for a pair of slippers for Sis to knit.

 She finished them up while I was out there and got them stitched together.
She then commenced the felting process on the slippers while I worked on scarves for up-coming sales this year.  We ran out of time, as usual, and I brought them home with one started and one not at all.
Last night I had the opportunity to use a top-loading wash machine and took both the slippers and threw them in and let it go.  This is where we are so far:
The one is still larger and they both still need to go a little smaller, like an inch or so and I am thinking that I will make some feet forms from my husbands feet so I can work on felting the shape correctly for his feet.  Not too bad actually and I know he will like them alot when they are done and when our wonderful polled ram has to move on to a new home, hopefully this year, we will have these wonderful slippers to always remind us of him.

1 comment:

  1. I like seeing people's projects, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete